Thursday 12 June 2008

An almost instant rain forest


About the time I started the URBIS sunflower I planted up some coriander and basil. The basil has been around for a few days and the coriander has just poked up. The seed packet said to densely sew the seeds to encourage growth. So I tipped the entire packet into a little dip. I've never been one for subtlety.

Now they are coming up they look like a tiny rain forest and everyday another millimeter or three is added onto their hight. I'm hoping to persuade someone for a lift to the garden center this weekend for a larger container so I can make a little herb garden with the coriander and basils. Until then they are in the recycled supermarket pot.

While outside I checked on the baby mixed wild flowers. They are already bunny nibbled! And most of them bunny sat on too. Naughty bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment