Sunday 9 November 2008

First flat, first kitchen, first carrot


So we’re fully moved in to the new flat (these boxes are purely decorative). Expect posting to resume to normal levels of inactivity soon. I my cook books laid out, my gadgets in order and I finally have a new set of pans. So what do I do at 9am on a Sunday morning? Cook!

We got a bag of carrots free with a bag of potatoes, I flipped through the pages of the Veganomicon trying to find what would use up a few. This is a half-sized batch of the Curried Carrot Dip. I added a little more oil, twice the amount (that is twice the halved amount) of spices and threw in some cayenne pepper. Oddly enough one of my pet food hates is mashed carrots, the texture freaks me out but I think this is just different enough. Although I’ve only had the smallest sample teaspoon so far.

Then it was time for an old favourite; the incomparable carrot and raisin muffins from Vegan with a Vengeance. There is enough here to last the week. Provided I don’t get carried away.

I love my new kitchen, from the colour of the worktops to the oven timer, from the beautiful fridge freezer to the gas (gas!) hob. Now all I’m waiting for is a dining table and a waffle iron. But we’re almost perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment