Thursday 19 March 2009

Bursting out of boxes

As well as the usual small box (and supplementary boyfriend food bananas) I invested in a fruit bag this week. I've been feeling a bit sluggish and blah for the last few weeks and have concluded the most likely cause is vitamin deficiency.

It has left me in no danger of getting scurvy with a load of orange (for juicing - I can't eat them whole) and kiwis. The apples I've had before and would be the one food I would feed to an Organic Sceptic. They are yummy.

Looks like Riverford is noticing the springynes in the air. A small row of spring greens came with my box. A January King cabbage, portobello mushrooms, shallots and potatoes came with it. Leeks too. I'm rather sick of them. If there is one veg I can't get my head around it's leeks. And there is only so much stock I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment