Monday 29 August 2011

World Vegetarian Takes Us to Spain

Stephen has a friend over. Which means two things. The first is that I get to cook and try new things out on someone other than me. The second is that I get time to blog while they watch Avatar which is a bit of a once is enough film for me. Our main dish was a tortilla because we have plenty of potatoes hanging around and we've both come to love them over the summer. But, you know, colours are a great. So is eating more than one vegetable with each meal. Open Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian, go to the index and look under 'Spanish'.

I picked two gorgeous dishes that both depend on fabulous flavoured oil. Spanish-style Garlic and Parsley-flavoured Olive Oil. The recipe is hidden at the back and proves that simplicity tastes fabulous. As well as reserving some for dipping bread I used it to flavour Roasted Red Peppers with Garlic and Parsley Flavoured Oil and Spanish-style Grilled Courgettes. I love roasted red peepers when they still have a bit of a charred taste and texture from the skin so I left it on.

I was a bit dubious, as I often am, about whether or not it would work cold. To answer that let me just tell you one thing: I'm taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment