Tuesday 20 December 2011

Lavender and cursing

I'm going to blog today about my to favourite cushions. The first one is very sensible but the second one is features a pattern from the Subversive Cross Stitch so if you aren't a fan of swearing I'll put that after the jump.  Let's start on the sensible though.
Nap Time

So what about the sensible one? This is a cushion to help me sleep. Since about June and all though my appendix problem, vegan mofo and most of November my sleep was almost none-existent. So I had to do something serious. I do not cope remotely well without sleep. I had no energy, my scheduling became more about when can I make time for naps rather than when can I make time to work on things. I tried the usual stuff:  exhausting my body, not napping through the day so I was tired at night, keeping to a routine. I was still up half the night.

I decided to bring out the big guns. following the recipe in Grow Your Own Drugs I made up a mix of lavender and hops and stuffed it in this hand stitched pillow. I also appliquéd and embroidered on the top of it for a bit of extra magic. So far I've slept soundly every night it's been under my pillow.




Seriously though, Happy Holidays

The second cushion is constructed much in the same way only with a more traditional filling and a less traditional front piece. It's re-coloured from Subversive Cross Stitch and I Stitched it onto even-weave because I like the more even look. It might be my favourite decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment