When I took them to the hand cards during the Tour de Fleece I made a mixed batch of barely blended rolags. Recently I made them into a lovely two ply. I adore the finished yarn but oh the angst it put me through. Let's get a list going:
- The soy and, especially, the nylon where hell to blend. They had a great big static party and I'm still picking them off my clothes.
- The soy was a pain to spin alongside alpaca and nylon. It was just so much more slippy than anything else. If the spindle dropped and the yarn broke at any point I knew the soy was the culprit before looking down.
- Given the difference in slipperyness you'd have to be a spinner more skilled than I am (most spinners) to keep these three even.
- I still love the play of these three colours.
- The texture of the different fibres running through my hands is fabulous.
- The nylon is sparkly nylon. It sparkles!
In conclusion: no regrets! You can find it as Sea Foam on Ravelry.