Wednesday 30 October 2013

Autumnal Sweets

Me obsessed with autumn? Never. And I would never use the season as an excuse to ply people with sugary snacks.

Last week we had the last night at guides before Halloween so I got out my copy of Vegan Cupcakes, the extra black food food colouring and some sugary pumpkins.


Super simple, just chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream. The extra black turned it into a bit of a biohazard though. Combined with the girls habit of eating a cupcake frosting first we ended up with a couple of mouths dyed black. Which I did not find at all funny (yes I did!)



As well as finishing off the cupcakes Stephen and I has some toffee apples. At least that was the intent. I bought some adorably small apples and coated them following this recipe. Stephen hated the mix of toffee and apple and refused more than a bit of his. I got extra.

Feeding myself this autumn has been a success at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment