Wednesday 4 June 2008

The Utter Pointlessness of Browsing Bulbs

I'm going to have to talk to the garden powers-that-be before I make any orders but I want:

Alliums are insane, pretty and purple. I aspire to be all these things. Dad's garden would benefit from a couple of grapefruit sized gigantium or, if I was to be sensible, firmament would do well too. I'd like to see hollandicum in the guerrilla garden eventually (native no but purple yes) but shall have to talk to my partner in crime. I also adore cristopii.

Narcissus are almost guaranteed, I am English after all. They are also just for me as I can grow them in a container in my as-yet-unmaterialised living space. I may illicitly pop some in planters around Manchester too. Spread the love. My gardening note book has "daffodils - spellbinder" scribbled down but I don't know where I came up with that. Or why my dyslexia turned it into dandelions first. (I can tell the difference, I swear) I do lean towards the red and the white. Take romance or Doctor Hugh for example (or a shopping list)

I'm also hoping to plant up some snowdrops indoors so I can experience the seasons without leaving the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment