Wednesday 2 July 2008

Packing up

In the six days I have left before moving to Torquay there is a lot to do.
  • A pile of books has to be delivered to my cousin Kelsie along with a sunflower
  • Recipes I can't live without have to be copied from cookbooks I can live without
  • Some plants need new homes, some need to be thinned
  • I have a three day camp
  • I need to move all my stuff into storage in my Dads attic
  • My Dad needs instructions on how to care for the plants
  • I need to pack!
So yeah, slight amount of stress. There is one thing off my mind though, I have already chosen my cookbooks and craft books and sent them down with Stephen. Okay so the knowledge that I won't have all my cookbooks isn't comforting, or the knowledge that I haven't got them now.

The Books That I Could Live Without in a Literal Sense but I Would Be Sad
Pretty In Punk is a knitting pattern book that I'm working from right now. It also has lots of little projects that are good for a giggle.

Sublime Stitching Embroidery patterns, I'm working on some napkins out of it.

Fitted Knits is where my current big knitting project comes from.

Window Box Allotment and You Grow Girl are gardening books. One for inspiration and one for perspiration.

Vegan With A Vengeance and How It All Vegan are to be used in the fight to suppress dairy. Grrr.Some of my best baking has come out of VWAV. Not the cookies that I tried to make without baking powder last week but the thumb print cookies and the carrot and raisin muffins. I'm hoping I can get to try some savory stuff so that if I do go vegan I won't just be eating chocolate.

Smoothie Recipe Book lots of fruit in a glass. Perfect.

Indian Every Day I bought this in the begging days of my cook book collection (almost three years and almost 50 books later...), when I still ate meat. Even as a vegetarian it's managed to answer the question of what do I want to eat again and again. The tasty, healthy, Indian recipes are sprinkled with tips on good kitchen management. Drool.

Cooking like Mummyji is another excellent collection of Indian recipes. This time the focus is on Anglo-Indian culture and food rather than healthy stuff. Not that I think that is a problem. It's packed full of recipes and pure food inspiration.

Last is New Vegetarian which is new to me and I can't wait to explore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment