Monday 31 August 2009

With a decorative tiny bowl

And after the wedding and the family visit life returns to normal!

I've taken The Ethnic Vegetarian out from the Library. I've seen it around before and I've come this close to buying it but the title has always put me off. I find the term 'ethnic' very problematic even if I do appreciate the recipies.

So last night I decided to give a bit of an African twist to some courgettes. North African-Style Zucchini on page 24 for those playing the at home version. Courgettes fried with some deliciously softened onions, almonds, raisins, lemon juice and sugar. Added to - my favourite - Baked Cajun French Fries (and carrots!) from Vegan With A Vengeance and it filled my tummy nicely.

1 comment:

  1. These veggies look and sound amazing. Also I love that bowl!

    ReplyDelete