Tuesday 27 October 2009

Bread of the Week: English Muffins

My last MoFo bread experiment was with English Muffins. The entire process of experimenting with new foods this month has been exciting - and I hope I can carry on the spirit of MoFo - especially the bit where I put bread dough into a frying pan.

English Muffins are just about perfect. Hard and crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. Remarkably armadillo like. The semolina coating adds a lovely texture, plus semolina is just cute.

They are so incredibly delicious split down the middle, toasted with a bit of marge that we've eaten them for three meals since I baked them yesterday.

The baking - or should I say frying - was fun, quick and easy. I did have to stand over the hob the entire time but they only take 11 minutes and with some Gilmore Girls in the background I watched my little muffins grow. It was cool.


I used the recipe from Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment