Thursday 1 October 2009

Raw Carrot Anyone?


So last week I returned from Guides. I'd baked and decorated and -eventually - sold around 100 cupcakes. I was exhausted and I didn't want to look at the state of my kitchen. Then Stephen asked 'Did you take a picture for the blog?'

What a novel idea!

Of course, I'd forgotten. I was too busy cooking to blog and then I had cupcake burn out and wanted to become a raw foodist.

This week I'm feeling much better after taking fewer, more simply decorated cakes to Brownies. and I remembered the pictures. Cropped, of course, for child protection stuff.

I have learned some stuff about cooking cupcakes for large quantities of girls.

  1. Guide age (9-14) seem more scared of bright food colouring than brownie age (7-10)
  2. Guides are definitely put off by edible glitter. The freaks.
  3. When Brown Owl describes something as a 'sugar ball' it's incredibly funny.
  4. Smeared with frosting sells better than piped.
  5. Always have some icing light options, some people don't like to have their recommended weekly amount of sugar in one go.
  6. Someone always chooses chocolate over vanilla. I don't know why.
This is the extent of my wisdom. And I'd like to thank my Guiding community and Stephen's workmates for the £60 raised so far. Not to mention Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.

Now to clean the icing sugar off... everything.

And... Happy Vegan Month of Food!

2 comments:

  1. Happy VeganMofo to you too! Wow that is a lot of cupcakes. It seems when I am doing marathon cooking or baking that the last thing I want to do in the end is eat a home cooked meal. Take me out please! that is what my DH hears. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, what is off putting about edible glitter? it only looks inedible. Don't be afraid.

    ReplyDelete