So last week I returned from Guides. I'd baked and decorated and -eventually - sold around 100 cupcakes. I was exhausted and I didn't want to look at the state of my kitchen. Then Stephen asked 'Did you take a picture for the blog?'
What a novel idea!
Of course, I'd forgotten. I was too busy cooking to blog and then I had cupcake burn out and wanted to become a raw foodist.
This week I'm feeling much better after taking fewer, more simply decorated cakes to Brownies. and I remembered the pictures. Cropped, of course, for child protection stuff.
I have learned some stuff about cooking cupcakes for large quantities of girls.
- Guide age (9-14) seem more scared of bright food colouring than brownie age (7-10)
- Guides are definitely put off by edible glitter. The freaks.
- When Brown Owl describes something as a 'sugar ball' it's incredibly funny.
- Smeared with frosting sells better than piped.
- Always have some icing light options, some people don't like to have their recommended weekly amount of sugar in one go.
- Someone always chooses chocolate over vanilla. I don't know why.
Now to clean the icing sugar off... everything.
And... Happy Vegan Month of Food!