Tuesday 22 June 2010

Chimichurri Baked Tofu

I cooked another fantastic meal courtesy of Viva Vegan and it got me out of my rice funk too.



I've been wanting to try the Chimichurri Baked Tofu since I got the book and magically this week all the ingredients fell into place. That is to say they arrived in the veg box. The Chimichurri sauce itself is an absolute revelation. It's tangy, slightly sweet, fresh tasting. The perfect type of food for these disturbingly warm sunny days.

It's served with a salad of home grown leaves and pea tendrils topped with radishes from Riverford. And the rice. Perfect. I've been screwing up rice all over the place lately. So I followed the instructions to the letter, no scaling, no deviation. It worked perfectly but I'm slightly disappointed I still haven't figured out rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment