Friday 25 February 2011

Ceci-Roasted Red Pepper Soup

If cookbooks were people Appetite For Reduction would definitely be the supportive best friend. You come home with a pile of vegetable and a hankering for something healthy and she give you something akin to a hug in a bowl. It was a pepper craving and a supermarket special that served as the inspiration for this.

Ceci-Roasted Red Pepper Soup is a luscious, tasty, filling soup. Regular readers will know that I have texture issues with soup and that I've been trying to train myself to find them palatable for... most of my life. Well if you have odd eating issues like me the chunky texture and sublime taste make it a perfect training soup. On the side I served potato wedges seasoned with fresh balcony rosemary to mirror the dried rosemary (also from our balcony, hung to dry last summer)

It comes with my highest recommendation which I only give when I'm eating something that makes me think 'ohh you know I bet my Dad will like this.'

No comments:

Post a Comment