Monday 25 April 2011

Hot and Spicy Days

The unseasonable warmth means that I have been drifting between naps on the couch and sitting reading on the balcony leaving me with no time too hot to cook. But I still have to eat and in this April heat that means one thing: spicy food. Hot and spicy food was made for hot and spicy days.


I've been playing with the Broiled Blackened Tofu from Appetite for Reduction. Cooking it until my smoke alarm sets off and eating it down as fast as I can. To temper the heat and add a little touch of freshness I picked a salad of baby leaves from the balcony (another thing helped along by the heat!) I also picked some mint and parsley for the dressing for these Moroccan carrots, a recipe that came in my Riverford box this week. The carrots, in their warm but not too spicy dressing bridged the gap between the hotter than hot tofu and the fresh greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment