Monday 31 October 2011

The Last Day of Mofo is Rather Spooky

Another Mofo over. I want to do a round up post when all the dust settles. And clean my flat. I haven't done that in a while. I'm getting ahead of myself. There is still one night left. And it's a spooky one.

Care to convert?

One of our young leaders arranged a Halloween party for the Guides. As with most nights at our Guide unit we had two rules: bring food, and dress up. I'm a bit evangelical about pumpkin. We don't eat enough of it in Britain so I thought I'd give my Guides a chance to sample the awesome Pumpkin Pie Brownies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar I made them mini by baking them in a tart tray for half the time. I thought they taste great but my unit is still a little pumpkin sceptic.
I don't know what shocked them more, being mummified or being  eaten

The second spooky treat was made specially for our vegetarian girl. I didn't want her to be left out at feeding time. I didn't want to be left our either. So I made these Mummy Dogs, inspired from here but using the Pups In Blankets recipe from Vegan Lunchbox to make a fabulous veggie treat. My veggie Guide was happy with them and even more happy that I'd gone to the effort, she was worried there wouldn't be anything for her to eat. Not in my unit!
Tigers go 'ner-ner'

And did I mention they made us dress up?

No comments:

Post a Comment