Thursday 9 May 2013

Oreo Mint Ice Cream

The Story Of Finally Getting The Ice Cream Maker

I've wanted an ice cream maker since forever but for the last (just short of) five years I've lived with someone else. And that means compromise and not blowing my little all on new kitchen gadgetry. In that time we've made ice cream churning by hand. It takes around six hours and out of it we got Stephens delicious Brown Bread Ice Cream and my even better because it's chocolate Chocolate Ice Cream. As I was sat, churning ice cream by hand, or stood, churning ice cream by hand, but most of all thoroughly board, churning ice cream by hand, I complained to everyone who would listen. I want an ice cream maker.

Stephen wouldn't listen. He wouldn't let me clog up our already overflowing kitchen with one. Which is just mean. When we got engaged he even went so far as to jokingly ban any purchase of an ice cream maker as a wedding gift. My Mum, when she heard this, did what any sensible Northerner would: she bought me one for Christmas instead. This one.

Win

The Story Of How Stephen Came Around To The Ice Cream Maker (Told Mainly In Pictures)

Mint Ice Cream with Chunks of Oreo and a whole Oreo for the fun of it. What's not to love?

Then I made Stephen Oreo Mint Ice Cream from Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book He hasn't hugged the ice cream maker yet but it's only a matter of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment