Friday 16 August 2013

Beginnings and Ends

Tiny Crop
My raspberries are starting to trickle slowly to a end. There are a couple of fruits left to ripen but no flowers are left. Nothing new is coming. So what to do with these small spurts? Just eating them is always an option. Or I could freeze them. Freezing is a good option if you are only getting small bursts of fruit and want to combine them together to make something like jam or pie.

the most important meal of the day

I decided to combine the last efforts of my Raspberries with the first efforts of the blackberries. I foraged for these on the way back from the allotment and cooked them into Whole Berry Sauce (from Vegan Brunch because I'm obsessed right now) and served on a mini stack of pancakes Stephen made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment