Tuesday 4 February 2014

Hello Socks

I'd never looked twice at a pattern book of knitted socks. I only like plain socks anyway (I keep telling myself) and I can find what I want on ravelry (I repeated in desperation). One day, though, a member of my knitting group showed me her copy of Knitted Socks East and West which she'd just picked up for super cheap.



I kept thinking about it. The Tsunami socks especially weighed heavy on my mind. I knew that my friend would lend me the book if I wanted but what if one day I decided to knit another of the socks and I'd given the book back. What then? So I just went out and bought the book.



Unfortunately for the Tsunami Socks I didn't have the yarn for them hanging around. I did have spare balls of Cascade 220 Superwash in my leftovers pile so I went with the Konnichiwa to use as house socks. Such an addictive, easy and elegant pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment