Tuesday 15 April 2014

Home Made Haloumi

My cheese making adventures have finally taken me to haloumi town. I followed the recipe in the Lakeland Soft Cheese Booklet (which I'm not going to link to because I'm not sure I recommend it) and felt, for the first time, a little underwhelmed by it.

It's not that it was a complete failure. I enjoyed eating it but... it's the first cheese I've made that tastes better in the shops. And I don't like that, not if I'm going to put in all that effort. I hate to blame the recipe (although I hate to blame myself more) but the big problem was the lack of salt which is just not right in a haloumi. Looks like I'm in search of a better recipe then. Meanwhile the haloumi was served with a couple of pitas, some spinach, some spring onion and a bunch of hot sauce. Just how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment