Tuesday 5 August 2014

Tour de Fleece Wrap Up

 A month ago I posted that I was going to sign up for the Tour de Fleece but as the rest of my month looked somewhat crazy all I was going to set as a target was spin everyday. My month was somewhat crazy but I did manage to spin every day of the tour.


As it was the end of term my Guides took up a couple of my weekends. I spun, for the first day of the tour, on my spindle at Zooom. Zooom was a South West Region event for the Brownie's 100th Birthday and fittingly some of my Brownies helped with my spinning.

I took the same spindle, and the same fibre on holiday with my Guides. The fibre was the North Ronaldsay I bought from John Arbon Spring Clean and admittedly that is a small cop but I did spin everyday.

When I was at home I got to work on The Spin Along Knit Along. I've got 612g of my 1k spun into singles. Pretty decent.

And then my tour ended at Fibre East I spent four days there. Most of the time I was playing on my in hand spindle from Portugal but I also got to play of a great wheel and take Abby Franquemont's All Spindles All Day class. I honestly can't say anything more about that class then you should take it if you ever get the chance. It was fun and I learned so much it was unbelievable. It was the best end of the tour I could hope for.



No comments:

Post a Comment