Thursday 18 September 2014

Vegan Mofo Day 18: The J Cake

Today was the last day of one of my fellow volunteers and I asked if they would like a vanilla or chocolate cake. I tried to come up with an impressive and elegant design but I settled on something simple instead.



I made a chocolate sandwich loosely following the Happy Birthday Cake from Chloe's Kitchen but with 1/3 cup less flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder and a smidge of chocolate extract. In between the two layers is some plain vanilla buttercream from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. On top I dusted over a hand cut 'J' stencil. (it's their initial, not just for funsies)



The volunteer who was leaving provided another cake, this one shaped like a penguin, and some of the staff brought cakes and cookies. I'm on a total sugar high. I'm not playing favorites here so I'm not going to tell you my cake was best but I will tell you it was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment