Thursday 22 October 2009

Roasting

I've been craving a big giant roast for a while now. You know me, I wanted to get the gravy boat out. As my Dad is visiting I thought this would be the perfect time for a traditional family bonding roast.

After listing the vegetables; 'we have romanesco, carrots, leeks, bok choy, peas in the freezer' my dad pointed out that he only really likes sprouts, cabbage at a pinch. Oh dear.

We headed to Occombe Farm to pick up their meat and a large amount of flour that we couldn't get home without a car.

Okay, so we also got distracted by doggie treats and cookies. Not to mention the missing sprouts. Time to head home and turn it into yums.


Okay, the plate doesn't look that attractive. The sweetcorn overwhelms things. But it was wonderful. Smothered in gravy are sprouts and the last of the pink potatoes. Sweetcorn divides the veg section from my favourite: Veganomicon's baked BBQ tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment