Tuesday 23 February 2010

Kale and Potato Enchilada

The problem with cooking for one is that when dishes are underwhelming, not even bad most of the time, it's a massive knock back. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut. And cooking ruts reject too much that I love. Seasonality becomes a pain rather than a gift ('what the hell do I do with this' syndrome) and, even more worryingly, so does cooking.


But sometimes you cook a recipe for one that is so incredible it lights up your taste buds and your passions. You eat greedily and through a full mouth (a full but unopened one, It's still rude but less disgusting) say 'thuuus sis booly loobly' to your boyfriend.
Which is an incredibly long way to say that I made (finally!) the Kale and Potato Enchilada from Veganomicon.

Pictured are the leftovers, topped with grated Cheezley. I'm not a big leftover eater but for these I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment