Monday 29 November 2010

A Side Show

We're winding down another MoFo so I'm going off the themes for the last two days. Although not quite. Because this one is again a product of how busy I am in the evenings. Which is a bit odd for an unemployed person to say but this month I became District Commissioner designate for my Guiding area (which basically means I look after the leaders in all the local units, eight in all) so I'm spending quite a few more nights and even quite a few days in Guiding Blue with trips and trainings this month.

Food themes for these busy evenings include grabbing a quick sandwich before an early meeting, a quick tossed together pasta after or a take away when I'm too tired to move. One particularly gruesome day involved having no lunch and stuffing myself with crisps from Tesco as I caught the train home.

Some nights I have time to eat at home before meetings, those are the best and perfect for those nights are something that I can do most of the cooking for in the morning then heat after my afternoons at Oxfam but before my evenings in blue. By far the most successful, most delicious and decadent is the Maple-Mustard-Glazed Potatoes and String Beans from Vegan with a Vengeance. A recipe I'd totally overlooked until I was desperate to get rid of the last of this summer's runner beans. I discovered it with many cries of 'where have you been all my life' and picking the last caramelized bits out of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment