Monday 2 September 2013

Fun With Mini Pizzas

I have no idea how many blog posts I've written with the title pizza night, or how many are just pictures of home made pizza. But really can you go wrong? I like the base from Vegan with a Vengeance and here it's topped with a little passata and, in picture one, spinach and onion.


Here in picture two though we like our pizza with a little tomato, onion and the famous achocha from yesterday's harvest. I've been attempting to grow this bugger for four years now so I'm glad to say that it tastes great. Like a bell pepper with a hint of cucumber. Looking forward to trying it in a few more dishes.

If you are wondering why it's taken me so long to get a crop, I kept trying to grow these guys on the balcony which was just too windy. Now they are in a fairly sheltered corner of the allotment they are as unfussy as a plant can be. If you want to grow your own (and are in the UK) you can get seed from Real Seeds. What can it hurt? Nothing. Unlike the exploding cucumber. That will get you. Apparently, I'm too frightened to grow it.



1 comment: