Tuesday 18 February 2014

Recipe Adaptations for Stephen Approved Seasonal Food.

I mentioned that for valentines day we'd be eating two of the recipes from the blog for Valentines Day. We had Wild Garlic Bread and Tomato and Chilli Risotto but with Stephen not liking chilli (I know...) and no wild garlic our yet I had to make some adjustments.

First the chilli. I took the easiest option and just left it out. Sometimes, in dishes where the chilli adds a lot to the overall flavour (like the potatoes and panner a couple of weeks ago) I'll keep a pinch of the chilli powder in. The risotto is just fine without it.


The wild garlic bread? I had to replace the garlic taste and the green so I went back to the classic plain old garlic bread. Half a cup of parsley, chopped and four (small, home-grown) garlic cloves for the two medium baguettes. Tastes lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment