Saturday 15 February 2014

Some Portion of a Skein Scarf

The last time I went to Purl City Yarns I went with a plan and a list. It nearly all fell apart when one yarn caught my eye. It's Artesano Aran in the shade Calder. It's a smushy 50/50 blend of alpaca and wool in a stunning shade that reminded me of my hair a few months ago. That first visit I managed to resist but it stayed on my mind all weekend and I went back for two skeins just before I caught the train back to Torquay.



I thought the colour would make a lovely frame for my face so I set my heart on a hat and scarf set. Only I don't knit scarves. They bore me. So I grabbed the hooks and my copy of  The Happy Hooker and made some loops that would eventually become the One Skein Scarf.



I confess to a slight adjustment: I made a half size version so I'd have enough yarn left over for what I'm sure will be an equally stunning hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment