Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines Sewing

Stephen and I went crafty for Valentines day this year. I asked for two painted Honiton bobbins. He picked two of these herbs; rosemary and thyme. I showed them off to my lace group this week.


I asked Stephen if he's like a camp blanket. He lit up. He helps with Brownies when we have trips away and when we go to special events and he's been building up a pile of badges. We decided on a size, a colour and a colour of binding. It's brown and yellow like the Brownie Uniforms.


Of course making it up was easy. Just sewing the bias binding (this one) to the fleece (this stuff). So, of course, I screwed it up. I'll never figure out why sewing long, straight lines is so hard but it is. Stephen is pretty happy though.

Now I'm off to make Garlic Bread and Tomato Risotto for us to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment