Monday 1 November 2010

When Veggie Food Attacks...



Good evening and welcome to a very merry Vegan MoFo. Last MoFo was so much fun that this year just had to be done again. Trying new things, going to new places, taking advantage of all the things around me. Of course I also spent a morning in A&E and most of the month after being so ill I could barely stand but, most likely, that was completely unrelated anyway so there.

Of course as well as being the start of Vegan MoFo it's also a Monday. Making it a Meat Free Monday. For the next month I'll be celebrating Mondays with Unsolicited Veggie Food Attacks. This week it's the Halloween goodies we took into Spot On.

We dragged in a pair of pumpkins who proceeded to get festively toasted. Stephen's is the one with the cute face. We had some toasted pumpkin seeds for the savoury fans, some biscuit boyfriend made, and the delicious, amazing, and wonderful cake.
I made that. It's the Vegan With A Vengeance Raspberry Blackout Cake with Ganache-y Icing. The raspberry came from the last of the preserves I made after out trip to Shute Fruit this August. I had to leave out making a sandwich and had to go for pumpkin coloured goo instead of jam coloured goo because I ran out of the jam. But it was delicious.

Decorating the table are two power cables. Because in a room full of web designers and developers power cables just breed. They do.

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious!

    Happy World Vegan Day & MoFo'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking cake and cute pumpkins too. Great start to MoFo.
    :)

    ReplyDelete